Have never thought I would have to wait till today for another blog as I was planning to make it right after the Advertising Law Mid-term exam on the last Wednesday night.
Yea, it's been 2 years, solid and this country - particularly Fukushima - is still undergoing the harsh progress of recovering from fear, from devastation and from the restore of hope.
I still remember when I first got the news about this disastrous earthquake. I was at the reception lobby of the HKU Main Library. I watched the live broadcast news and due to regulatory reason the volume was turned off. All I could get was the news headline and the terrifying scene of flood floating towards the houses in Fukushima. It was so slow that I could not realize it was sort of a tsunami caused by earthquake; I was quite curious what was going on in the first place...
Then I realized the whole thing when I called home.
What followed was the terrible news about the nuclear power plant. And in Hong Kong we had another discussion about the Daya Bay Nuclear Plant...personally I still don't have a very distinctive feeling against nuclear power as this does help in generating electricity. However it IS really dangerous and at this stage we are still finding a rather good solution for the problems which would be brought by nuclear power.
And it is not totally a kind of CLEAN power.
Yep, it helps. But I think it should not be heavily relied on till we make sure it is 99% safe. Once power generation was kinda dangerous, but we've made it to make it safe to use. Yea things like gas leaking happen, but it is not something usual and even any accident is caused, it won't cause eternal damage - most of the methods of power generation won't cause such big scaled damage for eternity.
And I still wonder why we can't popularize sun energy when we can ACTUALLY store the sun light......
Monday, March 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment