Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sundry #6

1. Reaching Out

Attended a certain career talk and I do feel like I am reaching out to the right place. Yes, deep down in the very bottom of my heart I know that industry is damn tough but I just can't help that little excitement burning inside my mind, and I made up my mind.

That may be a place for me. From that moment the speaker spoke about that very term, I know I have to give it a try.

The last time I'd felt that certain was when I decided to take Comparative Literature as my major, and time helps to prove this as a damn right choice. I hope this will be the next right choice, too.

2. Feeling Good

One of my classmates said that my live reports sound more juicy and fun to read than some written by professionals...well......I won't say that I did not feel good at that moment.

Maybe a subjective point of view for reviews could be a sustainable style??

But I do thank her for all the encouraging words. At least now I am starting something about that.

3. The Job Lasts for A Life Time 一生の仕事


Recently watched a new Japanese filmed called The Great Passage (舟を編む) which is a very sweet story about editing dictionary...from ZERO.

I knew for a long time that making a dictionary could probably be one of the most time-consuming jobs in the world, however I have never known that this would be that kinda job that once you take it, you can't quit unless the situation does not allow.

Since language is like a ever-growing living thing, you can't stop revising the dictionary after its publication.

It takes time, knowledge, patience and diligence to do the job. Somehow it is one of the most reserved job in the world, but it is also the widest window to the world because our world is constructed by language and words.

Will work on a report for this movie later on, still have 2 more HKIFF programmes to go.

PS: The Great Passage is also one of the sweetest romance movies I have ever watched. If someone is gonna write me a love letter in ancient (but well written) language with classic calligraphy, I will probably say yes despite this person is, for sure, a geek.

0 comments:

Post a Comment