Monday, August 29, 2011

Spirited Away

Indeed as one my humorous colleagues said, "harmony-fication" is not something so far away that mostly be found in Mainland China - it's happening on me.

It's been almost a month for me to work in this almost-heaven design house. Well, one of the facts that it cannot be qualified be the real heaven is that my name is taken away - just like how Chihiro in Spirited Away is forced to call herself as Sen, I am forced to change the way people call me because my first name happens to be the same as one of my bosses...

That's why I always feel like I am acting as someone else in the office whenever some one calls me up.



The point is, this is exactly how "harmony-fication" works. Something is sensitive for the powerful people, and for the convenience of all (theirs), such thing is designated to be deleted and shall never be mentioned again. Then, after a period of time, people will forget it as long as you don't mention it. So as the June Forth Incident, so as people's identity. Now I know the point of Spirited Away - once your name is taken away, it's hard for you to find your true self and back to your reality again. Forever you will be trapped in the world of spirits and can ever go back......well, that sounds like what I am experiencing!!!

Well, luckily, words act as my Haku who always reminds me of who I am, now I do find writing journals is a good way to release all kinds of emotional struggles. Words heal.

I am spirited away while I am at work, but I've got to be back to my reality when I am off - that's my philosophy; I love to keep myself busy, but my time shall not be spent entirely on something that's not gonna be done for myself or my loved ones.

Dayo Wong is right: it's not because what you've done for the company so you're paid; you're paid because you haven't done anything for yourself due to the company! It's not salary but compensation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment